Thursday, July 31, 2008
THe Orlando Weekly's summer reading issue came out last week with two reviews by yours truly, Silver Springs: The Underwater Photography of Bruce Mozert by Gary Monroe and The Fortuneteller's Lay by Lara Dien. Monroe's collection of Mozert's gorgeous photos from Florida's bygone era and Dien's sizzline erotica are both excellent literary choices for the hottest, wettest summer we've had in an age. Check out the reviews, and more importantly, check out the books:
Silver Springs photo from Orlando Weekly; Lara Dien cover photo from Wild Rose Press
Posted by Wiggle Room at 5:31 PM
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Our friend David was recently inspired to invent an acronym that he wants to make part of the lexicon and Goon wants to help. It's GTS and it stands for "Google That Shit." This is what you say to anyone who doubts that you know what you know, i.e.,
"Laurence Fishburne was never on Pee Week's Playhouse."
"Yes he was. GTS."
Or you could say it when you're stuck with a question you don't know.
"So did they ever identify that hideous dino-chicken-turtle-golum thing that washed up in Montauk?"
"What am I, Fox Mulder? GTS, fergodsake."
GTS is the digital age version of "Look it up," since nobody knows how to do that with books anymore but that's 75% of what people are doing all the time on line (the other 25% is reading Goon). Why remember facts when you can GTS and have all that brain space left over for sexual fantasies and revenge fantasies (for when the sexual fantasies fail)?
Anyway, we like it. Use it. It'll be in the Urban Dictionary one day. Then you can GTS.
Image of hideous dino-chicken-turtle-golum thing, that might be good if you Shake n Bake it, came off Unexplained-Mysteries.com
Posted by Wiggle Room at 8:28 PM